"Chad R. Henry" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> count=1
> while [ $count -lt 284 ]
> do
>       count='expr $count + 1'
>       echo "http://foo.foo.org/foo[$count].file"; >> /home/user/output
> done

Use backticks (`...`), not regular quotes ('...'):

        count=`expr $count + 1`

> Obviously this isn't working and while I've tried to RTFM and figure out why I
>realize now why I'm a sales guy.

[please configure your mailer to wrap lines]

Any sales guy who knows what you know about shell scripts impresses
me.  I know *very senior* engineers who don't know this stuff.

Regards,

--kevin
--
Kevin D. Clark / Cetacean Networks / Portsmouth, N.H. (USA)
cetaceannetworks.com!kclark (GnuPG ID: B280F24E)