Steve Lee wrote:
> Out of interest do assistive technologies (AT) get to use an API or
> library (similar to ATK for the server applications) or do they use
> direct CORBA calls?
They use CORBA bindings, which on the client side are usually fairly
straightforward.  For instance, the python AT-SPI bindings are just
python methods on python objects.    The only place where the client
needs to implement any CORBA methods is in the event listener interface,
which is pretty small (one method).
> AT is very unlikely to use a particular GUI for any UI they present
> as that UI has to be accessible.
What do you mean by this statement?  Most ATs are using the same
mechanism for enabling the accessibility of their own APIs as other apps
on the desktop; e.g. orca's GUI uses pygtk, and thus appears like any
other accessible app.

Bill