Hi David, Steve:

I think there are two aspects to Steve's question.  One aspect has to do
with the exact API call syntax that the client uses to access AT-SPI,
which I think is what you are referring to.  The "raw" C CORBA bindings
are a bit ugly (while the python ones are elegant) but don't actually
require the client to add any CORBA-specific code.   The second aspect
of the question is the one I was addressing - whether the client needs
to know much about CORBA details.  That also depends a little on the
client's programming language, but mostly the answer is "no", the only
place where the AT-SPI client has to write any CORBA code is when it's
implementing the AT-SPI "EventListener" interface which it passes to the
AT-SPI Registry, via which the client receives event notifications from
running applications.

best regards

Bill