Hello!  Welcome!
Sorry for my later answer but here it is.
The Art Gnome list is this, gnome-them-list.  If you want, you can join
to  art.gnome.org  and/or  gnome-look.org,  both works with icons,
themes, and so, for Gnome.
About the list's name...  it does reflect the purpose of the list.
There's icons and icons themes, themes for metacity and gtk, gdm themes
and so on.  A pack of something  (icons, sounds, etc)  is called theme.
Hope it clear you sight.

Regards
Sylvia

PD:  Sorry for my english, I'm a spanish speaker usually. :"-)