Please remember to reply to the mailing list, not the original sender:

+++++++++

Thank you very much for taking the time to explain the gdipc -g option.

Unfortunately, I am still having the same problem.

Apparantly, my problem stems more from my inability to define the correct
firewall filter/forwarding rule rather than the gdipc configuration.

If you have some example of how the rule needs to be set up to do the
correct forwarding, I would really appreciate it.  I am somewhat new to
configuring filter rules.  I have done straight port forwarding, but based
on your description, it appears I need to redirect one port to another (i.e.
filter rule?).

I am using a Netgear RP114.

The corrective action I have taken based on your message was to open a
second port in my firewall and forward that port to the machine running the
'gdipc -g' command.  On my Netgear router, it appears as such:

                      Menu 15 - SUA Server Setup
          Rule   Start Port No.   End Port No.   IP Address
            1.    Default          Default        0.0.0.0
            2.      3645             3646         10.10.22.2

Note: I have tried both defining a range ( 3645 -> 3646 ) and individual (
3645 -> 3645 && 3646 -> 3646 ) forwarding definitions.

I have also tried defining the filter rule:
                        Menu 21.4 - Filter Rules Summary
# A Type                       Filter Rules             M m n
- - ---- ---------------------------------------------- - - -
1 Y IP   Pr=17, SA=10.10.22.2, SP=3645, DA=0.0.0.0      N N N
2 Y IP   Pr=17, SA=0.0.0.0, DA=0.0.0.0, DP=3646         N F N

And in /winnt/system32/drivers/etc/services:

gnudynipsend     3645/udp
gnudyniprecv     3646/udp

The output still appears as such:

F:\Software\gdipc>gdipc -g 3645:3646
====  gdipc.bat running:  Sat Mar 23 06:53:15 2002  ====
Configuration file name: F:/Software/gdipc/gdipc.conf.txt
Cache file name: F:/Software/gdipc/gdipc.cache.user.zeropain.com.txt
Address validation failed for 24.136.122.212 - UDP packet timed out
Attempting update at zeropain.com ...
Update to address 24.136.122.212 from 24.136.122.212 successful for
user.zeropain.com

Apparantly, no matter how I define my port filtering/forward, I am getting
the same response back (updating the address of the GnuDIP server correctly,
but not being able to determine it hasn't changed).

I have trolled some newsgroups for postings on this, but I haven't found an
example that I understand will do what I need to do to use gdipc.

Thanks for your help!

-brian