Quoting Christian Brandt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

>  At a "smart"-TLD like .de or .at you can't give twice the same
> nameserver,
> DENIC puts quite some effort into detecting such rubish - you can't
> enter
> twice the same IP or Names which resolve to the same IP. You need two
> fully
> independend Nameservers running in different /24-nets.

Two different /24 nets? Now that is REALLY IGNORANT.

Here in Calgary I can get an ADSL line with two fixed IP addresses for
about $55 US. My registrar does require two nameservers, but I have
been assuming that I could use these two addresses.

Actually, I discovered recently that my registrar no longer requires an
IP address when the name server name is outside the domain it serves.
So I remain hopeful.

It seems that the largest and most well known Internet related
companies are the most technically incompetent. Until they feel that
ensuring they provide an excellent service is essential to their
business, they don't bother.

Creighton MacDonnell
http://macdonnell.ca/