Martin Man wrote:
> the better way are diversions, see dpkg-divert, are you installing into
> /usr/ ? I thought that sunwspro goes into /opt/SUNWspro by default and
> thus does not conflict with anything (read: I have not had a time to
> play with your package yet)...

It's mostly in /opt/SUNWspro but there are some small things that leak
into /usr. I'll check out diversions tomorrow night, I'm busy doing a
long migration tonight.

> upstream will not help us here, as this is solaris specific problem,
> only as soon as the sunwspro will be packaged for let's say ubuntu, then
> the conflict with binutils will become apparent enough to be treated
> important... until then we have to cope with it in nexenta...
>
> HTH,
> Martin

I figured it might be difficult, as long as there is a clean way around
it I am happy. I was really hoping to avoid patching/recompiling the gcc
stuff :)

-Tim