Hi,
  Sorry guys. Was on leave. Just opened my mail box 2day.
  I being an executive member of GUJ prompted me to speak my mind. Soon after
the Simon's incident, GUJ executive met and condemned the incident in no
uncertain terms. A delegation of around 16 journalists then met the DGP and
requested him to arrest the culprits involved in the incident. We definitely
were prompt in expressing our solidarity with our colleague. I am sure Simon
was not hit, while he was discharging his duties as a journalist. Then things
would have been a little different.
  My dear Tony, when the newspaper that Simon represents did not even feel fit
to write a comment piece on the attack, what can u expect GUJ to do?
  Go on a dharna? Stone the panchayat office? Drag the Sarpanch out and give a
taste of his medicine (expecting that we r a priviledged lot and police won't
dare to touch us??) or go on a hunger strike like that panch in Sancoale??
  After all we journalists are at the mercy of the managements we r working
for. You don't need Da Vinci's intelligence to guess that. However strong we
may feel about something, I suppose we have our limitations.

  agnelo pereira.