Doc,The British kept meticulous records of those who died for their cause in
Tanganyika.
Wilfred Owen described WWI in:
Red lips are not so redAs the stained stones kissed by the English dead.

The rest of the dead in Tanganyika, including a few thousand Indians troops and
uncounted thousand Africans in Tanga and Tanganyika were not important.

During WWI, African troops were sometimes left to rot in the sun. The Kaiser's
honour was much more important.

Mervyn

    On Friday, March 1, 2024 at 07:21:48 p.m. CST, Mel de Quadros