Attached isthis month's newsletter on issues affecting GEMs. The topic is:
"Goa’s Heart-Lung System is alive and well."  Significant sections of this
article are from the chapter “Today, it’s not Our Grandparents’Goa – It is
Better!”

 Knowingand understanding the past helps us to understand ourselves better.
There was a timewhen Goa was overflowing with Religious Tourism, which added to
the economy. Grasping the scopeof one’s inheritance should give a more nuanced
base to make our decisions. To the diaspora, the land has the ashes oftheir
ancestors and is the abode of our deities and saints. We hope to unfreezethe
events by presenting to the readers the when, why, and how of past events.

We hope you enjoy reading this aspect of GEMhistory.  There is a lot of ‘food
for thought.’ Please forward thesearticles to your relatives, friends, peers,
Indian and Iberian chat sites.Sharing history is sharing our cultural heritage;
and the work is for us, byus. Thank you for allowing us to share this with you.

Sincerely,

Philomena and Gilbert Lawrence,Authors: Insights into Colonial Goa,Published
via Amazon in paperbackand e-book. For details aboutthe book and authors see:
Insights into Colonial Goa.