----- Original Message -----
From: soter
To: Herald Editor
Sent: Wednesday, September 24, 2008 9:25 AM
Subject: Letter To Editor

Sir,
This is in response to the views expressed under the caption "Is the BJP doing
well?" (Herald 24 / 9 / 08) by Dr. Francisco Colaco from Margao refering to my
letter published in the Herald.
Firstly, a respected figure like Dr. Francisco Colaco would do well in not
being a spokesperson for those liberal Hindu's, whom he has alleged I was
refering to in my letter out of my dislike for them, and permit them to speak
for themselves.
Secondly, if there were anti-communalism stalwarts who years ago have
single-handedly fought the virus and have pages written in gold about their
struggle, then how is it that the glitter of their gold is not seen when it is
needed the most? Do they need ready made platforms and select audiences to
manifest their heroics?
Thirdly, the respected Dr. Colaco is well within his rights to conveniently
choose to infer that I have supposedly been filled with admiration and a sense
of lull and false security over BJP's statement which according to him is meant
to throw dust in people's eyes. Similarly, I also have my reasons to be
apprehensive about the golden dust flying around under the guise of
anti-communalism rhetoric. Communalism is not only about religious hatred but
manifests itself in various other forms in Goa. The Bible also sounds us about
wolves in sheep's clothing, which in otherwords cautions us not about the known
enemy, but an unknown enemy.

-Soter D'Souza
Socorro
(letter is publiahed in Herald on 25/9/08)