I don't like that idea - might be OK for the US, but not OK elsewhere.

Remember - those who live by the sword, will die by the sword.  There have been
cases where the owner's gun was used to harm/kill the owner.  Violence begets
violence. The most practical methods are being sensible and always aware of the
surroundings.

Anyhow, a gun is useless if you are not trained to use it, nor are you willing
to harm or injure the adversary (a natural reaction for many of us, as we are
no longer trained to kill).

How many people have been mugged or faced an offender unexpectedly? And those
of you who have, have you been able to think straight at all at the time? I am
talking out of experience, for I was mugged on Priory Rd, North London, many
years ago.

Cheers,

Gabriel.