Hi,

IANAL and it's not a bit early in the morning but a license that is
accepted as a good one for translation should be good. I don't have a
precise link but something like CC-BY-SA sounds right (and avoid
licenses meant for code and the GFDL). I'm also wondering if a
CC-BY-SA text can easily be embedded in (L)GPL code

About reusing the descriptions, I believe the situation is both
simpler and more complex. I believe it's simpler because I don't think
anyone was thinking bad.

It's more complex because if you look at lablgtk's description, it
actually comes from lablgtk itself. Looking at the git log, I can find
it in an RPM .spec file from 2002 and I'm pretty sure it was in the
lablgtk website until last August (at which point I reworked the
website). That means the description is actually subject to lablgtk2
website's license; I don't know what it is however.

I agree it can be frustrating but I don't think we can blame anyone.

--
Adrien Nader