- with godi-camlimages,
it seems that in godi you add a META file, which is good. this file
lacks support for package ps. One would need to add :
package "ps" (
   description = "Camlimages support for ps file format"
   requires = "camlimages.core, camlimages.ppm"
   archive(byte) = "ci_ps.cma"
   archive(native) = "ci_ps.cmxa"
)

and adding camlimages.ps in the "requires" line at the end of the
file.
Have you checked whether this entry exists also in the newer upstream
package (there is one with a new build system, but quite identical
otherwise)? Upgrading to this newer version is still a pending task.
yes, it uses "ps". Concerning the new build system, I personally kept the old one that was I think better (at least, I can do cross compilation with it in mxe, the mingw cross environment). As they do not provide META file (sic), I will try to stick with something similar to yours.

===> camlimages4.0.1 do actually have a META file... updating to this build system would solve this issue.