--- Prakash Kailasa <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> The thanks should go to Ton for coming up with
> problem, the pretty pictures and the works.

Very interesting problem indeed. Thanks Ton et al.
This hole served to prove that given the algorithm,
many people will converge to almost identical code,
but still the best will win. Congrats to the winners.

What struck me the most about this hole was that my 69
solution (why does that sound so kinky?) and the
winning 54 solution were almost identical. I kicked
myself several times in the foot and a couple of times
on the forehead when I saw the postmortem. Those
especially stand out:

1) My abominable $$[$i++%@@] could be replaced by the
very simple and straight forward shift@@ saving 4
strokes right there, tying me with (-ugene. Argh!

2) Another abominable piece of code shared by many
golfers $$[$_]=~/.$/;$_=$&.$` could be eliminated very
easily by a slightly deeper insight into the
algorithm.

Again, great job refs, and congrats to the winners.

--Ala