On 22 Jan, 00:26, datanucleus <andy_jeffer...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Shouldn't make the slightest bit of difference. GAE/J ought to replace
> that List with a wrapper that intercepts update operations. It hasn't
> done
> that.http://code.google.com/p/datanucleus-appengine/issues/detail?id=144&c...

Thanks for the information. I didn't know about this.

However, even if this issue was fixed it wouldn't apply for two
reasons:

1) I'm not using relationships to store this list. It's actually
serialised as a @Basic member.

2) I'm not actually modifying the list. I'm modifying an element
inside the list.

Your workarund, to use JDOHelper would be what I need, but I'm not
using JDO. I'm using JPA. Is there a similar workaround there?

Elias