On Jan 22, 2:16 pm, datanucleus <andy_jeffer...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> > Your workarund, to use JDOHelper would be what I need, but I'm not
> > using JDO. I'm using JPA. Is there a similar workaround there?
>
> Doesn't make any difference either. JPA (in DataNucleus) uses JDO
> enhancement, and so marking the field as dirty using a JDO helper
> method would do the same under JPA. JPA, sadly, doesn't acknowledge
> such a situation of changing the contents of a serialised field and so
> provides no mechanism; JDO does.

I suppose the most portable way would be to wrap any such members in a
thin wrapper class, so that one could force an update by replacing the
wrapper but keep the actual content.

I will go for your JDO solution in this case though, since this
application is being written specifically for GAE.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Elias