hey all. Although my app is far from complete, I thought Id do a
little early 'load testing' to see what it would look like.

I had noticed awful big cpu usage times, usually anywhere between
1100ms to 5000ms on my / page ! ... After some memcaching (I had
absolutely none before that), I was able to get it to reduce to the
mid hundreds after a few loads. Anyway, here's what i did:

My script sent gradual requests to my app, as I understand this is how
to best test the load under gae. I dunno if these values are optimal,
they were completely random: 10 requests 2 seconds appart, 20 more
starting at 2 seconds and ending at 0.25 seconds apart, and then 15
more 'all at once'.I fetched / and then parsed the response for all a
& img tags, and followed href's and src images. Then fetched those. I
went 2 'levels' deep like that. I did not follow any forms.

My first few 'simulated site hits' ran as slow as what I had
experienced at first. But quickly enough, I saw cpu processing times
drop dramatically. Now, this brought a few questions:

first of all, I got an 'too much contention on entity' (or something
like that) error, on my first attemps at a load test, which threw 100
requests for everything on my site all at once. I dont know what that
error is, nor how do avoid it.

second, I noticed that request times read like this /'url'
200'response code' and then a time mesure and then the cpu ms time.
What is that first time mesure ? Is it the total amount of time
spent ? Does it take into account any kind of latency on the client's
side of things or what not or does this value indicate server
ressources  usage only?

anyway, id like your input on that. in the mean time ill keep
optimizing.