Janani wrote about the new GAE release: "Task Queue tasks may now be added
and deleted asynchronously. This allows applications to perform common task
queue operations without blocking. This is an experimental feature."

And just yesterday I started a thread complaining about the extreme
variability of TQ additions API**. I will be on this like white on rice.
Thanks G.

**recent log shows 1057 ms latency comprised of 0-cpu and 1057 api which
was immediately preceded (within 2 seconds) by 0/47ms for the exact same
handler function:-)