Your users could be using the Google framework, OAuth, or be
custom-built...  How would AppEngine know which you're using?

You're going to have to take all your billable actions, log them to the
datastore, and build a reporting framework.  For datastore calls and email
and such, this should be easy enough.  I'm not sure if that would be
possible for instance time, though.  (Maybe with a Filter, and log the
total amount of time each request takes internally?)