I think it would be better to use a JsArrayListAdapter in order to prevent
making copies all over the place, and also making mutations write-through
on both sides e.g.

public class JsArrayListAdapter<T> extends AbstractList<T> {
   public JsArrayListAdapter(ArrayLike<T> blah) {
      this.array = blah;
  }

  // implement List methods to delegate to Array methods
}

To keep referential integrity, you need to use an expando or ES6 Symbol
property to hide a backreference.

That is, JsArrayListAdapter.wrap(nativeJsArray) ==
JsArrayListAdapter.wrap(nativeJsArray2) IFF nativeJsArray == nativeJsArray2.

This technique is less error prone IMHO if you are going to have mutable
objects. If you're using immutables, then making copies is superior.