Right.  Ed, Ian's point was my point.  If it panel is not visible,
there is way for the browser to generate events for it.  Even mouse
move events, etc.  GWT does not put listeners aside, but they don't
cause extra overhead and occupy a negligible amount of memory.
Basically, you don't have to worry about them.  But if you will indeed
"re-display" a panel at some point, it probably make sense just to
hide it in the DeckPanel and pop it back to the top when needed.  Of
course, you always have the option of destroying panels in the deck if
you feel that memory consumption becomes an issue.

-Brett