Hi,

I'm experimenting with GWT for a couple of weeks now and ran into
another question.

The question relates where to put a certain class. Classes in the
client package are translated into javascript. Classes in the server
package are executed as java (I'm using App Engine too). Say I'm
building an app with a little game. I can write the game class at
client side so that that code can be run at the client, what seems to
be correct here. At the end of the game, the game should be persisted
into the datastore. So I make it persistence capable but than the
class is needed at the server side.

What should I do now? Put it at server side and use it at client side
too? In that case, the class needs to be inherited in the .gwt.xml,
no? Or should I build two seperate classes: just send the data of the
game to the server and build the data store element from that data to
store it?

Some advice would be appreciated :)

Maarten Decat