Dear Friends,

The Mail Archive has been running for 20 years. It started
as hobby and grew into a small business 14 years ago.
We have now come full circle. The business will end on
December 31, 2018 and the service will revert to a hobby.

What happened? Well, traffic has steadily declined for many
years and with that so does revenue. It's finally reached
the point where it no longer makes financial sense to pay
the overhead of running a small business, even a super lean
one like The Mail Archive.

So what does this mean? For the rest of 2018, nothing at all.
In 2019 we switch to my personal hobby and see how that
goes. The financial costs of running the service are not that
big of a concern. However, I am a little worried about being
back on the front line of customer service. That stuff is no fun
and is probably the biggest risk to The Mail Archive's ultimate
lifespan.

I would like to deeply thank my business partners Jeff & Tom
who have done great things over the years. And also to the many
other helpers, you know who you are. It's been a wild ride and
I'm proud to have helped some people along the way.

Cheers,
Jeff