Hi Basar,

Am 15.01.2012 um 18:24 schrieb Başar Alabay:

> Hello,
>
> today I tried again to implement this IDEA thing …
>
> >> in particular thanks to Lukas, Roman, and Steve our GPGTools Xmas Release
> >> 2011 (new GPGMail, 10.5 fixes) is available:
> >
> > Thanks to you all.
> >
> > Is it still necessary to exclude idea.c due to license issues? Or is this
> > passé? It would be nice to have this implemented for the awful old mails. I
> > haven't managed it yet to get it included with the provided script.
>
> With SourceTree … cloned the git stuff and everything worked as described and
> fine, according to:
>
> <http://gpgtools.lighthouseapp.com/projects/66001/tickets/30>
>
> IDEA was implemented.

IDEA should be included in the latest builds, mostly released on the
development list.

> And than? All keys were gone. No secret keys anymore, a strange “oops …”
> warning, that's all :-(

I find it hard to believe that the keys are really gone, and I think that
something might be wrong
with your gpg.conf which could lead to such a message.

> So, this does not work on 10.6.8, 64 Bit, Mac Pro. It simply does not.
>
> Can someone reproduce this?
>
> And when will this IDEA problem be solved? Aren't the patents expired?
>
> I need this IDEA for old encrypted messages, not to encrypt from scratch.
>
> As I see, this is discussed here, too?!
>
> <http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/gnupg/gcrypt/54647>
>
> Does this mean one can await a change from 2.0.17 to 2.1?

We'll release a MacGPG2 2.0.18 version with IDEA included.

Also, please could you open a discussion on support.gpgtools.org so we
can better debug your case?

> Greets
> B. Alabay

Best,