Dear Brother Gabriel-Marie,

I think what you need can't be obtained now with Gregorio...
To have a new initial you should create several scores, each one
independent. The only idea I have to reduce the empty staff lenght is to
change page margins in TeX, but it depends on your scores, are they all as
short as they are in the attached example?

In Christ
Sr. Maria Ruth OSB