Henry is on the right track. Here is my method for building a gregorio
pkg:

$ tar -pczf gregorio-dev.tar.gz path/to/gregorio-git-clone
$ makepkg

Attached is my MAKEPKG, this is not a good -git makepkg since I already
have a git clone on my box. I tar up the clone to keep it as clean as
possible and not filled with the clutter from autoreconf and make.

NB: I do not use the build.sh, MAKEPKG is the arch way.

You may wish to change the command options for make. I hard coded -j4
because this MAKEPKG is only intended for personal use. Feel free to
steal what you need to make something for the AUR.

I had intended to ask the list if AUR packages would be of interest. If
there was interest, I was considering makeing two packages, gregorio and
gregrio-git. The first would build the current stable release
https://github.com/gregorio-project/gregorio/releases and the other
(gregorio-git) from the develop branch. If you want to maintain AUR
packages that is great.

If you have any more problems, I'll be around.

-Br. Elijah Schwab, O.Carm

On Apr 04, 2015 14:36, Henry T. So Jr. wrote:
> To build using python 3 on Arch, I think you'll have to use:
>
> PYTHON=/path/to/python3 ./build.sh
>
> Put in your path to python 3.
>
> If that doesn't work, you'll have to:
>
> autoreconf -f -I
> ./configure
> make
> cd fonts
> make PYTHON=/path/to/python3 fonts
> cd ..
>
> instead of build.sh
>
> Henry

# Written by: Br. Elijah Schwab, O.Carm (github - eschwab)

pkgname=gregorio-dev
pkgver=1224.3f32684  #$(git rev-list --count HEAD).$(git rev-parse --short HEAD)
pkgrel=1
pkgdesc="A tool for typesetting gregorian chant melodies using TeX."
url="http://home.gna.org/gregorio";
arch=('i686' 'x86_64')
install=${pkgname}.install
license=('GPL')
depends=('texlive-core' 'texlive-fontsextra' 'texlive-formatsextra')
makedepends=('libxml2' 'python' 'git')
provides=('gregorio-dev')
conflicts=('gregorio' 'gregorio-svn' 'gregorio-git')
source=("gregorio-dev.tar.gz")
md5sums=('SKIP')

_gitname='gregorio'

pkgver() {
    cd $_gitname
    echo $(git rev-list --count HEAD).$(git rev-parse --short HEAD)
}

build() {
    cd "$srcdir/$_gitname"
    msg "Configuring..."
    autoreconf -f -i
    ./configure --prefix=/usr || return 1
    msg "Compiling gregorio..."
    cd "$srcdir/$_gitname"
    make -j4 || return 1
    msg "Building fonts..."
    cd "$srcdir/$_gitname/fonts"
    make -j4 PYTHON=python fonts || return 1
}

package() {
    cd "$srcdir/$_gitname"
    make -j4 DESTDIR="$pkgdir/" install
    msg "Installing fonts..."
    ./install-gtex.sh dir:$pkgdir/usr/local/texlive/texmf-local
}