> Br Elijah: strangely enough, building develop with makepkg and your
> PKGBUILD works just fine for building gregorio, although following the
> steps directly doesn't (yylex error). But if that works, than okay. The
> fonts still don't work, though:
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "squarize.py", line 42, in <module>
>     import fontforge, psMat
> ImportError: 'psMat' is not a built-in module
>
>  Have you done anything in particular with fontforge? What sorts of
> fontforge- or psMat-related files do you have in
> /usr/lib/python[3.4|2.7]/site-packages? I only have fontforge.so and
> psMat.so in the 3.4 directory.

Upon closer inspection, I too have that problem. Since makepkg
successfully built a pkg I did not inspect that _everything_ was
fine.

I have the same files (fontforge.so, psMat.so), both from
fontforge-20150330-1. I found the problem, one cannot simply import both
fontforge and psMat into python. You can do one or the other. If you
open a python interpreter and

import fontforge

then import psMat fails. Open a new interpreter and import psMat, then
import fontforge fails. We need to use fontforge itself to run the
script. Attached is a revised PKGBUILD that works for me.

-Br. Elijah Schwab, O.Carm
# Written by: Br. Elijah Schwab, O.Carm (github - eschwab)

pkgname=gregorio-dev
pkgver=1224.3f32684  #$(git rev-list --count HEAD).$(git rev-parse --short HEAD)
pkgrel=1
pkgdesc="A tool for typesetting gregorian chant melodies using TeX."
url="http://home.gna.org/gregorio";
arch=('i686' 'x86_64')
install=${pkgname}.install
license=('GPL')
depends=('texlive-core' 'texlive-fontsextra' 'texlive-formatsextra')
makedepends=('libxml2' 'python' 'git')
provides=('gregorio-dev')
conflicts=('gregorio' 'gregorio-svn' 'gregorio-git')
source=("gregorio-dev.tar.gz")
md5sums=('SKIP')

_gitname='gregorio'

pkgver() {
    cd $_gitname
    echo $(git rev-list --count HEAD).$(git rev-parse --short HEAD)
}

build() {
    cd "$srcdir/$_gitname"
    msg "Configuring..."
    autoreconf -f -i
    ./configure --prefix=/usr || return 1
    msg "Compiling gregorio..."
    cd "$srcdir/$_gitname"
    make -j4 || return 1
    msg "Building fonts..."
    cd "$srcdir/$_gitname/fonts"
    fontforge -script squarize.py gregorio || return 1
    fontforge -script squarize.py parmesan || return 1
    fontforge -script squarize.py greciliae || return 1
    make -j4 PYTHON=python gresym.ttf || return 1
    make -j4 PYTHON=python greextra.ttf || return 1
}

package() {
    cd "$srcdir/$_gitname"
    make -j4 DESTDIR="$pkgdir/" install
    msg "Installing fonts..."
    ./install-gtex.sh dir:$pkgdir/usr/local/texlive/texmf-local
}