Hello Jimmy,

On Wednesday 27 June 2007 06:09, Andreas Gredler wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 25, 2007 at 03:03:26PM -0700, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> > > * David Koski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [20070625 17:15]:
> > >
> > > I'll try to check out with Jimmy what's current state of adp94xx/
> > > aic94xx. My current state of information is that aic94xx is what you
> > > use with >=2.6.19 if you used adp94xx before.
>
> Hi, aic94xx is not the same as adp94xx but very similar.
>
> > I have checked the above weblog.  It is high in the Google search list.
> > I tried to load the binary module but it is sarge Debian.  I burned a
> > sarge CD and could not load the network drivers for the same machine.  I
> > then downloaded the souce and followed the directions but there were a
> > bunch of make errors.
>
> Unfortunately there are a few versions of the debian sarge installer cd,
> so the precompiled version only works with one.
> Just send me a private mail and we'll try to compile the driver together
> for sarge.

I am trying to install Debian etch 4.0 which is now stable.
I thought installing for sarge would be a good staring point.
Maybe I could just use the 2.6.8 kernel with etch.

> About grml and adp94: adp94 was dropped in the meantime because it never
> compiled for newer kernel versions and aic94 worked for most
> controllers. In fact, you are the first one who reports, that it doesn't
> work (Maybe you enabled RAID in the BIOS?)
> I will check again if newer adp94 versions will compile with 2.6.21
> kernel and I also will precompile modules for debian etch. But this will
> take some time, especially as IBM now uses LSI controllers instead of
> Adaptec so my new Servers don't need adp94xx any longer.

I am getting pressure to get this installed so I am on the verge
of installing RedHat (sigh!) which is supported by Supermicro, the
computer manufacturer.  I called Supermicro and they confirmed that
the adp94 driver is necessary due to the 9410 chip.  I have Debian
4.0 installed on my computer and I installed 2.6.18 sources and
compiled but the source code from Adaptec is not made to build
on other than RedHat and SuSE.

Thank You,
David Koski
[EMAIL PROTECTED]