> SoapUI has a problem passing the Globus authentication credentials (but
> of course works with unsecure services).

Using soapUI, it is possible to pass a client-side SSL credential to a web
Service, e.g., for GSI Transport (TLS) authentication, but it's necessary to
first convert the public/private key into Java keystore format, as described
in Appendix A of this document:

http://agnis.googlegroups.com/web/UsingSoapUIWithAgnis.pdf

Instead of creating a proxy certificate, this method uses the client
certificate directly, so delegation is not supported, but TLS authentication
still works.

soapUI also claims to support WS-Security, but I haven't personally tried
using that feature yet.

Best regards,
Joel