Axel Simon <axel.si...@in.tum.de> writes:

> On 14.03.2010, at 08:41, Andy Stewart wrote:
>
>> That's will be good, eaiser to install and maintain.
>>
>> I got error when i download those file:
>>        You don't have permission to access
>> Perhaps you need change permission to download.
> Yes, sorry, I've fixed that now.
Thanks, i will look it.

>> Can you write the detail step that how to convert from darcs to cabal
>> package?
>> Then we can help you finish rest libraries.
>
> I will do that. The only problem at the moment is gio for which two type
> hierarchies need to be
> generated which my current Setup.hs program can't do. Once I've fixed that,
> I'll write a demo Cabal
> file  that explains how the other modules can be bound.
That's be good.
Then i can help you binding rest libraries.

>> So we need *split* current darcs repository after convert all libraries?
>
> Yes, I will probably make sense to split Gtk2Hs in many smaller darcs
> repositories. I might keep the
> just published packages in one  repository, though.
It's a good idea that split to smaller darcs repository.
Then will have more people help to improve gtk2hs.

>> BTW, i still can't compile pass current darcs version, can you?
>
> Yes, but without webkit. The error in Makefile.am might be somewhere in
> webkit.
Me too, i can compile it before webkit patch.

  -- Andy

> Axel.
>
>>  -- Andy
>>
>> Axel Simon <axel.si...@in.tum.de> writes:
>>
>>> Dear all,
>>>
>>> this is a first announcement of cabal packages for Gtk2Hs. This is
>>> meant for all those who can spare five minutes to check the packages
>>> and to improve them. You need to download the following:
>>>
>>> gtk2hs-buildtools-0.9.tar.gz
>>> cairo-0.10.5.tar.gz
>>> glib-0.10.5.tar.gz
>>> pango-0.10.5.tar.gz