From: gtkmm-list [mailto:gtkmm-list-boun...@gnome.org] On Behalf Of Edscott
Wilson
Sent: Tuesday, September 10, 2013 7:43 AM
To: Alcione Ferreira; gtkmm-list@gnome.org
Subject: Re: Glib::ustring in mingw

Problem solved, more or less. The issue is with gcc compiler. Apparently the
gtkmm bundle package is build with gcc-4.6.2, and some hack or other is done to
get glib/glibmm to compile.

If you try to compile and link your program with a different gcc version (I
tried 4.7.0 and 4.7.2) the ustring constructor in glibmm is broken and will
invariably lead to SEGV. Using a mingw with the packaged compiler and tools,
there is no problem with Glib:ustring.

So the quick fix is to install mingw with the packaged gcc (4.6.2) and use this
to build gtkmm packages. Plain gtk+ will most probably work correctly with
gcc-4.7.2 or later.