Dear Karl Berry and Guilers,

I've been considering using Guile for a project as the next step after my initial proof of concept in shell script and very much would be using Automake's parallel-test harness, like this is for.

The tests I am writing now would not change (run program, check results), but having a test driver in Automake itself for Guile would make it easier to test the harder parts that my existing tests would not be able to do (interact with individual pieces of code to see if they do the right thing at a more granular level).

Otherwise, I would likely fall back to scheme library I wrote several years ago in 2017 to make an SRFI-64 inspired unit test framework that output in the TAP format (had Guile, R6RS, and R7RS compliant scheme and install support for Guile, Chicken, and Vicare) and could then be used in with Automake's TAP based test harness (https://github.com/frejanordsiek/unit-test-tap).

So, this patch, if revived, would be very nice for me, assuming I actually do make the Guile version of my project after finishing the proof of concept. I have to be honest here, it has been a long time since I worked with Guile (2017) and I am not sure how well it would fly with others interested in the project. So, I am only a maybe future user if this gets done. Maybe there are others interested in it as well.

Best regards,

Freja Nordsiek