I've just been watching the new Henry Viii on PBS with Helena Bonham Carter as Anne Boleyn. I noticed that all her dresses go straight down from bust to waist, not pinching in at the waist at all, and making her look somewhat pregnant when she's not. While I realize this era's silhouette is flat at the bustline, I don't think I've ever seen it pooch out in front at the waist the way it does on Ms. Bonham Carter. I know there are a lot of English Renaissance experts on this list who can advise if this is correct or does it have something to do with the actress's own shape (on the busty side)?

Sylrog