On Thursday 09 February 2006 4:16 pm, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Hi,
> Can anyone point me to a reference for how to dress Roman ladies' hair?
> I've found a some simple styles, but wasn't there a period when they wore
> really tall, complicated hairstyles?
>
> Oh, and has anyone seen this book: Daring Do's: History of hairstyles by
> Trasko? Is it any good?

I looked through it in a bookstore once.   Fewer illustrations than I'd like,
and very un-informative text.  Moreover, I don't think it had any pictures
whatsoever of Roman period styles.  Don't waste your money.

If you want pictures of Roman ladies' hair styles, there's a nice little
section in A.T. Croom's "Roman Clothing and Fashion," which is still in print
and not too expensive (I think it runs about $35 USD).

--
Cathy Raymond <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

"Physics is like sex; sure, it may give some practical
results, but that's not why we do it."--Richard Feynman