Hi,
I think some of you might have misunderstanded my explanations to this.
I was not reffering to the movie picture costumes, but the cavallier style fashion for women. With the high waists. The reason why i want the bumroll to be laced to a bodice is that the dress waistline is so high over the natural waistline, that it simply couldnt be tied arround so high, without slipping down emediately.

Bjarne

I haven't found this to be a problem with any of my dresses, and I never lace the bumroll to the bodice. I just tie it around me where I want it to stay and it does. I'm pretty short-waisted naturally, but no one else for whom I've made this style has had any problems with it, either.

Melusine