I have that book and will look at it again. I have LOTS of patterns from various sources and see if I have one like it. Enlarging a book pattern: Copy it on a xerox. Draw a grid on it to make an enlarging system. Measure something such as the front seam of a bodice- write it down on the copy. I good way to make it simpler it to put 10 squares on top of the pattern piece. If it's 2 inches, put 10. If it's 1 inch put 10. It's easier to multiply a number by 10. Then measure your own body where the pattern will fit. Compare the numbers.( I'm trying to put it into words and am finding it difficult) If your body part area is 12 inches then each square will be 1.2 inches for the enlarged pattern. It doesn't matter how big the copy squares are.. they are just a starting point. They are for placement. The enlargement pattern is where the inches counts.
Either way, enlarging a pattern in such a way takes time.
I hope that helps. Feel free to ask me if you need more help. Sorry I can't explain it better. I'm a visual person and putting things in words is sometimes harder. I can draw a picture if you'd like.... ----- Original Message ----- From: "Jayne Thomas" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <h-costume@mail.indra.com>
Sent: Wednesday, April 05, 2006 6:25 PM
Subject: [h-cost] Jean Hunnisett Dress

Hi!

I would like to make the 1569 Elizabethan dress (or something near as possible!) that is illustrated on page 63 (the one in the middle of the group) of 'Patterns for Women's Dress 1500-1800 for my nearly four year daughter. Yes, I'm being very ambitious here! The thing is, how would scale the pattern (on page 68 onwards) to fit her? Am I being a bit too ambitious?!

 All the best!
 Jayne