At 19:15 22/05/2006, you wrote:

In a message dated 5/22/2006 11:19:24 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

ended up  buying three pairs of slacks to take on a trip last month. I must
get around  to making myself some modern clothes one of these days.

But why waste your precious sewing time making what you can buy?  And  no way
could I make a pair of lined wool slacks with fly front zipper as cheaply  as
I can buy them.  Materials alone would probably be almost as much, and  my
time is worth SOMETHING! (As I'm not retired yet, I have to ration my sewing
time!)

I almost never make for myself - 1. because I don't like to, and 2. as Ann says - why waste time sewing for yourself when you can buy cheaper (and in my case, probably better!) Also if I am making for myself, I am not making for other people, therefore I am not earning money. (And to anyone who suggests evenings or weekends - would you do your weekday job in the evenings and weekend as well as in the day? No way thank you!)

Suzi