Yes. Alcega lists both gored and half circle skirts in his pattern

I'm using the very last pattern in Alcega, the last one on the folded sheet, for a gown with pointed sleeves. I've hit a little bump in the road, but I'll ask at the end of this email.

I want to make sure my measurements are right. If I were to use the pattern straight out of the book, I would end up with a front skirt panel that is 1 ell wide at the bottom. In the first part of the book, he says the standard fabric is 2/3 of an ell wide, which would mean 56 cm, which I can confirm easily enough against the 1 ell width on my small paper mockup.

The back skirt panel is roughly 1 1/2 ell wide at ground height, so the total width of the skirt all around is about 5 ells. My current hoops are 3 1/3 ells around (280 cm), so I'd have a nice amount of pleating in the back.

The skirt is meant to be 1 1/2 ells long (126 cm), which is a little too long for me, but not much (my current hoop is 102 cm long and roughly 2 inches above ground).

The skirt is meant to be 3 ells long in the back which is completely insane, both in the amount of fabric it uses and in the hassle it will be to manage. I'm wondering if I shouldn't cut it by half. That is, instead of having 1 1/2 ells of train, have only 3/4 ells of train. I'm still debating on this though. Making the pattern as was meant to be certainly has a lot of appeal!

Now, I have a problem. If I can trust my faithful little paper mockup, it seems that the waist will end up being exactly 2 ells around, with the two front panels representing 3/4 of an ell together, or 63 cm. This is enough to go completely around my waist! Spanish gowns were not pleated in front! How can I make this fit? Is this pattern for another style entirely? Is this simply a case of those being layouts and not patterns (everything else fits so nicely though!)? Or am I missing something important?

I'm very tempted to cut my fabric in strips 56 cm wide, then use the pattern almost as is, once I solve the waist width problem. Any tips? Insight?

Thank you to all who have answered so far, you're an immense help!

Audrey