Quoting R Lloyd Mitchell <rmitch...@staff.washjeff.edu>:

I used my husband's hood to make one for my soninlaw. Is yours to be for the MA or Phd. I would be happy to make up a pattern for you. First, research the general style (any of Academic garb sites and find out the proper colors for School and discipline to be featured. I can also send you my pattern for an Oxford don hat. You can get a wonderful gilt tassel from a present company...which I will identify from my records.

Is that (the Oxford Don hat) the octagon-shaped tudor-flat-cap kinda hat? I so want one of those. My morter-board cap is just way too big on my little pin-head!

I have a PhD hood, but I just would like to get the patterns for both kinds of hoods (in my observations this morning, most folks don't know how they're supposed to hang! Those MS hoods are more "hood like" but they're harder to make hang right.) There are more than a few folks here who have no hoods -- if I had patterns, I could whip up some hoods for the division to have as reserves.

I have *no* clue how to take my hood and make a pattern from it.

Thanks!

Susan
-----
Susan Farmer