Don't know if it would help for this particular problem, but how about
alternating the sides of the hooks and eyes?

Ann Wass

-----Original Message-----
From: Alexandria Doyle <garbaho...@gmail.com>
To: Historical Costume <h-cost...@indra.com>
Sent: Mon, Oct 18, 2010 9:40 am
Subject: Re: [h-cost] Hooks & bars problem

I referenced Arnold's PoF for the type and setting of the hooks and
yes at the center front opennings.  They used large hooks and eyes, I
sed the standard coat hook and eyes, and then they are set into the
eam so you can only see just the tips of either part, not on the face
f either side.
They seems to work well for me, especially with a supportive layer
nderneath (corset or petticoat bodies).  The only time I've had
roblems is when I skipped the ridge support layer and there was a
light weight increase.  I think I've also included boning alone the
dge and that has helped too.
alex
o much to do and so little attention span to get it done with…