I think the fokti example is done quite well, the only quibble I would have
is that the original fabric is clearly a densely textured fabric (someone
mentioned the original designer said it was like a snake's skin) and the
fabric used in the reproduction is not a textured fabric.

This same problem often occurs when we make reproduction historical clothing
as many of the beautiful textured and patterned fabrics of the past are just
not available or are only available in upholstery weights.

Thanks for all the links to the various stills from the film.

Agnes