From: Kate Bunting <katembunt...@gmail.com>
To: Historical Costume <h-cost...@indra.com>
Sent: Tue, Jan 5, 2016 4:52 am
Subject: [h-cost] Costumes in "War and Peace"

Did any list members in the UK see the new BBC dramatization of "War and
Peace" on Sunday? I know ladies' gowns of that period (1805) were inspired
by classical draperies, but would it really have been acceptable to wear an
asymmetrical dress leaving one shoulder bare? There were at least two
examples of evening gowns in this style as well as some with narrow
shoulder straps which seemed jarringly modern to me.

Kate Bunting