I can't help you with the book but it would be very cool to have something
like that.

However, having said that, I know that I have a couple of patterns, let's
say Butterick 1234, dating in two separate decades. There's only so many
4-digit numbers available and they are recycled constantly.

I searched through my vintage pattern collection and looked on the
envelopes in the small print and on the instruction sheets and was able to
find most of the copyright dates for my patterns from the 30s on. It took a
couple of days, so now I search for it once I get a new pattern and put a
piece of archival paper with notes (copyright 1942, missing sleeve cuff
piece #7, manufacturing folds, unused, etc.) into a clear, archival comic
book envelope with the pattern. I've got mine filed by decade and by year
if possible. (I know, fussy.)
LynnD