There is information on dating patterns that Cemetarian produced:
http://www.cemetarian.com/Dating_Sewing_Patterns.php

Terry
-----Original Message-----
From: h-costume-boun...@indra.com [mailto:h-costume-boun...@indra.com] On
Behalf Of Cascio Michael
Sent: Thursday, September 22, 2016 2:24 PM
To: h-cost...@indra.com
Subject: [h-cost] dating vintage patterns by number and year

Hello the list,
     Many years ago someone  published a book, I think, that listed ranges
of pattern numbers for the Big 3 by year they were issued.  I don't recall
the name of the book since I wasn't doing vintage patterns then.  I can
figure out decade from the covers of the pattern but would like to be more
accurate than general decade.  Something to the effect of Simplicity 1001 to
1075 was published in 1937 or something similar.  Any help with the book
title much appreciated.

Cassandra