Doug Cutting wrote:
> Perhaps you need to add an entry for 'localhost' in the hosts file on
> your machine?  My linux /etc/hosts has an entry like:
>
> 127.0.0.1       localhost
>
> Alternately you could specify '127.0.0.1' as the host instead of
> 'localhost'.  That should work, since 127.0.0.1 always refers to the
> local machine.

Philippe's question is related to machines with multiples interfaces
(e.g. one public-facing interface and another one for a private
network). We'd like to bind Hadoop's sockets to the private interface,
so that only machines on the private network can access it.

Sylvain

--
Sylvain Wallez - http://bluxte.net