(first - i've no problem with tuesdays as well).

On Tue, 31 Oct 2006, Alon Altman wrote:

>  I think the format we had - alternating between advanced and entry-level
> lectures (standard and SiL lectures) is the best.

there are two issues we didn't solve with this:

1. preparing W2L is tedious. it always was - and it became worse every
   year. we over-engineer it, and eventually get relatively poor results.

   i sent an email about this (that seem to have got lost) - that after
   talking with eli, we think a 2-meetings session is enough - one for
   telling people why they should want to try linux, and in the end giving
   them ubuntu CDs. 2 weeks after - a Q&A meeting to answer questions
   people stumbled upon. eli was prepared to handle the first meeting. the
   rest of us will then handle the Q&A meeting (mostly by showing up).

2. we have no mechanism for propagation between SiL and the non-SiL
   lectures. moving frmo W2L to SiL is trivial, since SiL only requires
   W2L knowledge. however, there's no clear point of when people can feel
   safe to move from SiL to non-SiL.

there's no need to add more categories. what you call "basic" should be
marked as "SiL". if a certain meeting requires prior knowlege - it should
be stated on a per-meeting bases. if we have too many categories, people
will likely get confused.

--guy

--
guy