On Mon, Mar 09, 2009 at 04:15:34PM -0400, Allen, Thomas wrote:
> I used the unit 'S' for my timeouts, as in
>
> clitimeout 60S
> contimeout 60S
> srvtimeout 60S
>
> Is that to be avoided? I assumed it meant "seconds."

OK it's just a minor problem. You have to use a lower-case "s" : 60s.
It's stupid that the parser did not catch this mistake. I should improve
it. By default, it ignores unknown chars, you you clearly had 60 ms here.
BTW, there's no use in setting large contimeouts. You should usually stay
with lower values such as 5-10s. Oh BTW, what version are you running ?
Your stats page looks old. The time units were introduced in 1.3.14, so
I hope you're at least at this level.

> I'm using roundrobin and adding the httpclose option. I've been using
> cookie stickiness (which will be important for this website), but after
> disabling this stickiness, I get the same results. I tried clearing out
> the server cookie before and opening the page in multiple browsers, and
> still got these results.

Then it is possible that haproxy could not manage to connect to your
server in 60ms, then immediately retried on the other one, and sticked
to that one.