Hi Thomas,

On Mon, Mar 09, 2009 at 05:20:49PM -0400, Allen, Thomas wrote:
> Hi Willy,
>
> Hm, changing to "60s" for each gave me 100% 504 errors, I removed all
> three. Bad idea, I know, but at least it works then.

then use "60000", that's the old way of doing it :-)

> I'm running 1.2.18 because the HAProxy homepage calls it the Latest
> version.

Ah OK, version 1.2 did not have the time units. Well, in fact it's not
exactly marked as the only latest version, it's the latest version of
branch 1.2, and 1.2 is the only one not tainted by development I admit.

> I've removed all cookies from this IP, cleared my cache, and still it
> seems that only one server is being hit. But the stats page reports an
> equal distribution, so it's anybody's guess. What would be a simple way
> to log the distribution? I find it difficult to determine this even in
> debug mode (I'm running the proxy in daemon mode, of course).

it is in the logs, you have the server's name (assuming you're logging
with "option httplog"). Something is possible if you're playing with
only once client. If the number of objects on a page is a multiple of
the number of servers and you're in round-robin mode, then each time
you'll fetch a page, you'll alternatively fetch objects from both servers
and come back to the first one for the next click. Of course that does
not happen as soon as you have at least another client. And since I
saw 20 sessions on your stats after my access, I'm tempted to think
that it could be related.