On Fri, Feb 12, 2010 at 05:47:41PM +0100, Krzysztof Ol??dzki wrote:
> There are several issues with the fix:
>
>  - we need to check if connection is not closed, as it is pointless to
> use MSG_PEEK and restarting such check if there is no more data we are
> able to read

Indeed, with MSG_PEEK we have no way to tell the connection was closed.

>  - some servers return empty description so increasing minimum response
> length prevents haproxy from accepting such checks. Of course, if you
> are not using such server, it should be safe to do it in your locally
> patched version, but we mustn't do it on a public version.

In fact, we should re-parse the response each time we call recv(). As
long as we don't find a complete response, we can wait. This still
implies a non-trivial change to current code.

>  - it may interfere with other, non http checks.
>
> Long term we should implement the Willy's idea and merge http session
> processing and http checks, but for now I'll try to fix it in 1.4 with
> respect to mentioned above problems.

This part is even more important with ECV checks BTW.